|Publishing a book|
A lot of people love to read and one day write a book
- to tell other people what experiences they made (e. g. with a serious disease),
- about a subject, a hobby (e. g. fish breeding),
- because they have a lot of imagination and ideas for a novel or a mystery story.
- Collect notes, make a first draft.
- Write the book, blurbs, a short biography, choose a picture for the cover.
- Proofread or look for a lector.
- Are you famous or do you have a famous partner? No problem to find a publisher.
- If you are not famous, look for a Book on Demand publisher (books printed on demand) or publish yourself as an indie author.
- Mouth-to-mouth propaganda with friends, acquaintances, etc.
- Print and distribute promotional articles (e.g. bookmarks).
- Contact local bookstores.
- Create a website and a Google Analytics account.
- Create profiles in social networks (e. g. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube), Amazon Author Central and a blog.
Here you can download an infographic for writing and publishing a book.
In Amazon you can have a look at my books (only available in German).
If you already are a writer I invite you to tell me your story how you became a writer in English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese or Dutch and send me the link of your article. Here you will find more information in German and my mail address.